Twitter chats are such a great way to stay connected and informed in your professional circle, and education is no exception. Through education chats, you can find out about new methods for teaching, tech resources, even jobs for teachers. Most chats are held weekly, and offer an opportunity to have a regularly scheduled conversation with like-minded educators. Check out our collection to find a wealth of Twitter chats that are great for all kinds of educators.
These Twitter chats cover anything and everything in education, and represent a great jumping off point for those just getting started in Twitter education chats.
- #edchatTalk to a variety of educators around the world through #edchat, Tuesdays at noon and 7 p.m. EST.
- #lrnchatEvery Thursday night from 8:30-10 p.m. EST, you can connect with other educators and discuss learning.
- #edbkchatOn Wednesdays at 4 p.m. EST, you can discuss educational books and topics in learning and pedagogy.
- #spnchatFind out about successful practices in education and education reform through #spnchat Tuesdays at 9 p.m..
- #ptchatWednesdays at 9 p.m. EST, parents and educators around the world can open the lines of communication on #ptchat.
- #urbanedThis Twitter chat for educators discusses topics relevant to urban education and beyond, every first and third Sunday of the month at 9 p.m. EST.
- #teachchatConnect with other teachers and find out what they’re doing in their classrooms on #teachchat Wednesdays at 9 p.m. EST.
- #teaching2030Discuss big picture education issues, strategies, and reform through the #teaching2030 chat, every third Thursday at 8:30 p.m..
- #smeduWednesdays at noon and 9 p.m. EST social media professionals, students, educators, and more can discuss using social media in education in this chat.
- #ntchatNew teachers can learn more about their profession with ideas, collaboration, and more for getting starting through #ntchat on Wednesdays at 8 p.m. EST.
- #educoachWednesdays at 10 p.m. EST, you can find instructional coaching for improving education.
- #gtchatFridays at noon and 7 p.m. EST, gifted and talented educators, administrators, parents, and students can discuss new developments in developing gifted and talented programs around the world.
- #spedchatFollow this weekly discussion on issues for students and teachers in special education Tuesdays at 8:30 p.m. EST.
Administration and Behavior
Check out these Twitter chats to get connected and discuss topics concerning school administrators.
- #AcAdvTuesdays from 8-9 p.m. EST, you can talk to academic advisors and other colleagues about advising.
- #SAChatDiscuss student affairs with other professionals in the industry Thursdays from 12-1 p.m. CST and 6-7 p.m. CST.
- #isedchatTalk about independent schools Thursdays at 9 p.m. on #isedchat.
- #CUADAt 2 p.m. on Tuesdays, you can discuss college unions and activities with higher education student affairs professionals and educators.
- #cpchatConnect with other principals in this always-open chat.
English teachers, librarians, and other educators in special subjects can check out these chats for great information and resources.
- #engchatAt 7 p.m. each Monday, you can come together with other English teachers to discuss improving English instruction.
- #DUedchatChat with educators Down Under in this chat each Thursday 9 p.m. New Zealand time.